With the countless number of emails we receive daily, filtering the inbox becomes inevitable. If a subject line does not instantly seize your recipient’s attention, you can consider yourself a filtered item, headed straight for the trash. For this reason, it is particularly important to create unique emails that stand out. There are a few things you can do to engage your recipients and avoid becoming a deleted item. They include the following:
1. Engage your recipients by explicitly stating in the subject line how they will benefit from opening your email.
2. Make your email personable by addressing the recipient directly and providing images that enhance the message.
3. Schedule an appropriate time and date to send your emails. Remember not to send them too often as this will increase the probability of people unsubscribing from your content.
4. Keep your substance relevant and specific to your recipient’s contextual interests. Content that is informative and engaging is more appealing than generic information that is commonly sent.
5. Avoid neutral subject lines and implement ones that are either positive or negative.
The five recommendations above will successfully help you grasp your recipient’s attention and increase the likelihood of being clicked on. Start implementing now—have fun experimenting and see what’s most effective for you!
Please feel free to contact us to find out more about how we can help with your marketing needs—email marketing, lead generation—KM can do it all!